Thursday, June 3, 2010

ok, last update..

I'm sorry to say that he didn't make it. This has been the first time since his death that I've been able to come back to the site. So my sister and I came clean to my mother. We told her everything and even showed her the site. She was heart broken for us and Franklin. She said that she wished that she could have have met her grand-goose before now. We buried him by the pond I made for him to learn how to swim. My mother named the pond Franklin Memorial Pond. I think it's sweet.
Later that day she told us that she wants us to try again. I was shocked. She is very much an anti-pet person, but she is also a biologist. She said she would have wanted to see Franklin's progress. So this time she wants us to try with duck eggs. that right, I said 'eggS'. 4 eggs to be exact. I don't know if it will feel the same like it did with Franklin, but I think I can do this.
I'll try and make another site for the ducklings once we get the eggs. my sister is determined to buy a real incubator instead of giving ours another shot. Anyway way, I'll post again when the new site is up. Thank you to all who have been following our story. I've been really missing Franklin. But I'm glad he didn't die alone. he had me.

Rest in Peace Franklin. and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Franklin, I wish i had seen your blogspot earlier.
    I love pets .. we used to have hens,pidgeons,love- birds along with other pets at home.We had made a small home for love birds and they used to hatch eggs. We enjoyed seeing new little love-birds.They are really pretty birds.

    (I have never tried hatching egg with an incubator but if the temperture of the incubator gets higher than the body temperature of the goose then thats cause for trouble)

    ReplyDelete