Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 6

I know that day 7 is a big milestone on if Franklin will survive. Tonight has got me really worried though. The humidity has been slowly going down so we re hydrated the wash cloths and put them back in the incubator. I knew we had to change them sooner or later so now i know that it has to be every 4 days. I just hope that the levels of humidity haven't put Franklin in jeopardy. Tonight when candling the egg i found something new. I don't know much about what the egg is supposed to look like during the stages of development so I don't know if this is something I should be worried about. what do you think?


Do you see the red rings in the middle of the egg? Are those supposed to be there? I've read up on something that can occur called "blood rings" but they look different than this. I guess I'm gonna wait and see how things turn out but i have to say that i'm kind of worried about this. Please let me know what you think.
hope you're doing alright Franklin, good night.

Annie



(*UPDATE*: I was told by the awesome people at the back yard chickens forum that this is 'veining'. this is what is supposed to happen, so i'm not so worried anymore. got to go to school now.
ttyl)

No comments:

Post a Comment