Saturday, May 15, 2010

Franklin's Beginning

Hello, My name is Annie (19) and my sister (Katrina-16) and I are trying to hatch an egg. This all started when Kat and I went fishing in Kaufman, TX with our grandfather. He found a new goose egg (just been born within the hour) and we decided to try and hatch the egg. This was on the 14th of May (yesterday). My grandfather told us he has been wanting a new goose for his pond but doesn't want to mess with the whole process of raising the gosling. SO, Kat and I are to incubate the egg, and (if it hatches) raise the gosling until it's old enough to live out in the country.
My sister and I live in the city, and our mother isn't a pet person, so this will be a tricky issue. I think she will be surprised to find out what we've been doing. I am not sure if she will be mad about it. She let me try something like this before when I was a kid. I found a blue bird egg and she let me try and hatch it. I keep telling myself that 'She has let me do this before, i don't see why she would have a problem now...'
Anyway, right now we will try and make an incubator from information we have found on the internet. If the egg hatches, we'll jump off that bridge when we get to it. This blog is here as a way to keep track of what has been happening. I will be showing daily pictures of improvement and would welcome any advise anyone can offer. Today is day 2 since we've had the egg and we've decided to name him Franklin Eggbert Jr. We'll see if he makes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment